So, you’ve got your brand-new custom uniforms and are searching for ways to keep them looking as great as they do now. Or maybe you’ve had them for years already and simply want to increase their lifespan.
You’ve come to the right place!
How you wash and dry your jerseys can make a huge difference in keeping them looking (and smelling) fresh. Whether it’s hockey, baseball, esports, lacrosse, basketball, soccer, or any other sport, these tips will help you keep your custom jerseys looking great while increasing their lifespan.
You might also like:
How to Wash
When it comes to washing the jerseys, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
- Turn the jerseys inside out and wash them alone, or with jerseys of the same material and color. This will help to keep the logos and numbers in better shape while also helping keep the colors looking sharp.
- Run a pre-soak cycle. Pre-soaking the jerseys will help to remove the smell and any stains that have made their way onto the jerseys.
- AVOID CHLORINE BLEACH! Chlorine bleach can cause damage to the colors in the jersey, often causing more harm than good. Instead, spot clean using an oxygen-based bleach and machine wash with color-safe detergents.
- Use a gentle cycle and cold water. Using a heavy cycle and warm to hot water can damage logos, numbers and colors in the jersey.
How to Dry
How you dry your jerseys is a very important step that can often be overlooked.
- Hang dry. The absolute best method of drying is to hang dry, out of direct sunlight. By doing this, you avoid causing shrinking of the jerseys, color bleeding and damage to the logos and numbers.
- Although it is always recommended to hang dry your jerseys, we realize there may be situations when you need them game ready. If machine drying your jerseys, it is very important to use a low heat setting. High heat can damage the jerseys, causing them to lose that fresh look and shortening their lifespan.
It is never too late to change your washing and drying habits to ensure your jerseys look and feel their best for as long as possible.
Don’t forget to check us out on social media!