JOG ATHLETICS PRODUCTION
Social Accountability Policy
The present Social Charter defines the ethical values and points for inspection that JOG Athletics Production Team wishes to respect and enforce whether it’s the owner of its production or implements sub-contracting of its production. JOG Athletics Production Team agrees to respect & enforce the provisions of the present charter as a complement to the national legal provisions of the countries which it manufactures and/or orders the manufacture of products it designs and distributes under its own trade names. In the event of a contradiction between national legal provisions and/or the provisions of the present Charter, JOG Athletics Production Team will enforce the most favorable provisions with regards to employees.
Social Accountability Requirements
- The JOG Athletics Group shall not use or allow the use of child labor.
- The JOG Athletics Group will not expose children or young workers to dangerous situations in which are harmful to safety or health.
- The JOG Athletics Group will not use or allow the use of forced labor, whether the form of said forced labor is direct as a result of physical constraint, or indirect, as a result of threats, intimidation, and/or other methods of constraint.
- Bearing in mind through the knowledge of the sector, and all of the specific risks, the JOG Athletics Group requests the subcontractor and/or the supplier to warrant that work environments are safe and salubrious and has taken sufficient measures to avoid accidents and physical injury occurring during working hours, by reducing, insofar as this is possible, the causes of danger which are inherent to work environments, in accordance with national social legislation.
- The JOG Athletics Group will have a representative of the management appointed to be responsible for the health and safety of all staff and for the introduction of health and safety measures within its companies and/or production units.
- The JOG Athletics Group will ensure that its staff receives regular and recommended training in regards to maintaining health and safety requirements and that this training will be required for new or reassigned staff.
- The JOG Athletics Group shall introduce, or have introduced, systems to detect, avoid or combat potential threats to the health and safety of all staff.
- The JOG Athletics Group will ensure that subcontractors and/or suppliers provide clean toilets, washbasins and showers, access to drinking water and, as applicable, sanitary facilities for the storage of food, for all staff.
- The JOG Athletics Group will demand that subcontractors and/or suppliers ensure that any or all dormitories provided for staff are clean, safe, and comply with the staff’s basic needs.
- The JOG Athletics Group shall demand that subcontractors and/or suppliers ensure that manufacturing areas comply with effective legislation and regulations and that standards and procedures are introduced so as to protect staff against the risks of fire, accidents and toxic substances. Lighting, ventilation and heating systems should be adapted accordingly.
- The JOG Athletics Group shall not discriminate, or allow discrimination, in regards to hiring, pay levels, entitlement to training, promotion, dismissal or retirement on the grounds of race, caste, national origin, religion, handicap, sex, sexual orientation, membership of a trade union or political sympathies.
- The JOG Athletics Group shall not interfere with, and will demand that the exercising of employees' entitlement to observe tenets or practices, or to meet requirements as regards their race, caste, national origin, religion, handicap, gender, sexual orientation, membership of a trade union or political sympathies, will not be interfered with.
- The JOG Athletics Group will not allow behavior, including gestures, language, and physical contact, which is sexually coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
- The JOG Athletics Group will not use or allow the use of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal insults.
- The JOG Athletics Group will comply with the effective legislation and standards applicable in the sector in regards to working hours, and should ensure that legislation and standards are complied with. In all cases, staff shall not be obliged to regularly work more than 48 hours per week and are entitled to at least one day-off per 7-days period.
- The JOG Athletics Group will ensure that overtime (over and above 48 hours per week) does not exceed 12 hours per employee per week, and that overtime only be requested in exceptional business circumstance and shall be short-term, and that it always be paid at a higher rate than normal working hours.
- The JOG Athletics Group will ensure that salaries paid directly to employees for a normal business week be at least equal to the legal minimum or to the minimum for the sector and that they are always sufficient to meet the staffs basic needs.
- The JOG Athletics Group will ensure that deductions from salaries are not made on disciplinary grounds and that the salary and benefits be clearly and regularly explained to workers. The JOG Athletics Group also ensures that salaries and benefits are paid in full compliance with any or all applicable laws and that payment is made in cash or by cheque, in a manner which is convenient for the workers.
- The JOG Athletics Group shall ensure that no labor-only contracting system or false apprenticeship scheme be used in order to avoid fulfilling obligations vis-a'-vis staff under the effective legislation and regulations as regards labor and social security.
- Employees should recognize and respect the right of employees to freedom and association and collective bargaining in accordance with the laws of the countries in which they are located.
- Employers must fully comply with all applicable laws of the countries in which are they located including all laws, regulations, and rules relating to wages, hours, employment, labor, health and safety, the environment, immigration, the apparel industry and must comply with all United States’ laws including those relating to child and prison labor and country of origin labeling, among others. Employers must be ethical in their business practices.
- Employers will be monitored to ensure compliance with the JOG Athletics Code of Conduct. JOG Athletics reserves the right to terminate its business relationship with any employer who violates the JOG athletics Code of Conduct.